'Tis the Season!

It's May 2 and the 2008 tri season is upon us...here's how I know:

- my first race is two weeks from Sunday! (gulp - it's the Tower Tri Sprint in Niles, IL, and since this was my first tri ever, I'll be going for a PR)
- a renewed focus on nutrition...still trying to drop those extra winter pounds (Day Two off of Diet Coke...help!)
- our weekends are starting to revolve around Saturday morning runs and Sunday morning group rides (if we could just kick this nasty Chicago cold for good!)
- sleep is becoming even more necessary (like I ever need a good excuse to sleep more)
- I've added another weekly load of laundry...and it's all workout gear! (plug for the semi-new Win detergent to help get all the stink out...it works like a charm!)

I'm really looking forward to this season. I'm taking a step back from longer distances (HIM) to focus on Sprints and Olympics, in order to improve my fundamentals and perhaps even gain some "speed." Under the guidance of my new super tri coach (see link to the right), I can't wait to see what I can do.

No more excuses. No more fear. No more worries. I'm ready to get out there and get it done!

- Her

Comments