Oops, I did it again....

I signed up for Ironman Wisconsin 2012.  Despite saying this was going to be a one-and-done experience for me, I found myself lining up the day BEFORE I did my first Ironman - with hundreds of other IMWI 2011 athletes - to get my magic ticket for 2012.  Ironman is sneaky that way.  They make athletes participating in the current year's race register for the next year's race before they even hit that starting line!  Much shorter lines, guaranteed entry....and no recent memory of the pain of race day to make you question your decision!

To back up a bit, when Jonathan and I decided we both wanted to do an Ironman we thought it would be way too hard for both of us to train the same year for the same race.  I mean someone has to take care of the dog, right?  Fast forward to my training this past year.  We both made the trip to Madison several times.  We both did most of the long riding together.  We both lived the Ironman craziness day in and day out.  There were so many times I wished that he was just doing the race with me!

By the time I got to race weekend, I realized that I loved this IM journey and I loved the IM training.  I love Ironman.  Since Jonathan is definitely doing the race next year and I was going to have to live it with him anyway, why not just do it myself?  And so here I am.  All signed up and ready to go.

I haven't regretted the decision for one minute (wellllll.....maybe at Mile 24 of that marathon I did) and can't believe I get to experience this whole crazy journey right alongside my hubby and best friend next year.  I can't wait!  Our training with Well Fit starts on November 29.  In the meantime I'm going to go back to drinking wine and eating ice cream. :)  Happy off season!

- Her

Comments