Date Night

Hey guys!  Thanks to all of you for the great tips on strength training!  TRX, Cross Fit and kettle bell sessions are all things I'd like to try and work into my routine....maybe next year when I'm not Ironman training.  Baby steps. :)

So, last night was The Triathlife date night. And what else would we do for our date night other than go to the gym and Trader Joe's?  We live an exciting life, I'm telling ya'.  Or as we say, "we just like what we like!"  So, after I got picked up from the el station (yes!), we headed to our gym here in Oak Park.  On tap was a yoga class for me and a strength training session for "Him."

Now, I think I've told you that I'm not a huge fan of yoga.  I am way too "Type A" for all of that meditation and breathing.  I can not quiet my mind for more than 30 seconds at a time.  But I do LOVE how my body feels afterward.  So I made it my January goal to get to yoga at least two times this month.  How hard can that be?!

I was pretty zen (for me) during class last night.  It was jam packed (hello, resolutionaries!), which was kind of distracting, but we also did lots of new-to-me poses that kept me pretty engaged.  I actually left thinking I could make that Friday night class a habit.  Progress!

Then after we were done with our respective work outs, we headed over to the Trader Joe's conveniently located right next to the gym.  It was about 7:30 on a Friday night and the store was EMPTY.  I love TJ's and could spend hours browsing the aisles for new finds.  We ended up with five bags of food (including two bottles of wine) for only $144!  Can't beat that!  After bagging up our groceries, we headed home to our pup who was patiently waiting for us to return.

It was a lovely Friday night and I'm excited for the three day weekend ahead.  Not much on the agenda other than some long-ish workouts, catching up around the house and relaxing with some good TV.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!


- HER

Comments