Something is Different

It seems like I make the same "resolutions" and set the same goals year after year....eat healthier and get fitter.  And although I do work out and eat healthier than the average American -- without a doubt -- I still fall off the bandwagon and back into my old "I'd rather sleep in" and "I really want that cupcake" ways about three or four weeks into the New Year.  But this year it feels different.

I know I'm only one week into the year, but it has not been a struggle to eat healthy and cut the gluten completely from my diet.  I'm tracking calories like a woman possessed, but it's not just a matter of calories in/calories out, I'm also learning more about how my diet needs to change to help me feel the best I possibly can (I'll do a post later this month about what I've learned thus far).  And I'm actually enjoying figuring out how to get more healthy AND tasty food into my diet.  Best of all, I don't feel like I'm cheating myself or that I'm missing out on anything. 

I'm following a few blogs which are inspiring me every day to eat better and be the healthiest I can be.  They also give me GREAT ideas for recipes and just generally integrating good nutrition into my daily lifestyle.  Check them out here:

www.fitnessista.com

www.cleaneatingchelsey.com

www.swimbikerunningonempty.weebly.com

I'm starting to feel the positive effects on my training too, which is motivating me to continue.  And the scale? I'm down about a pound so far and am hoping for a total of five pounds this month.  My ultimate goal is to get below 130 lbs before Ironman training "officially" starts on Feb. 6.  I'll keep you posted!

How is everyone else doing with their New Year's resolutions and 2012 goals?

- Her

Comments