Brrrrr....

Winter has shown up over here again in a big way!  Lance the pup and I bundled up to go out for a walk....



...but we didn't make it very far.  I think he wanted to come back inside more than I did! 

This latest blast of arctic air also puts a crimp in my training plan, as I was really, really, really hoping to get in one more long run before the Disney Princess Half Marathon in two weeks.  But with icy roads and a "real feel" temp of less than 0 degrees?  No thank you!  This means that I will take to the treadmill for a one hour run tomorrow and follow it up with strength session #2 for this week (per my IM training plan).  This is probably better for me anyway, since I don't want to put too much stress on my legs this early in Ironman training. (Right Coach Liz? Pleeeeease tell me it's better for me!)  It just means I can't expect too much out of the half marathon....but how serious can you take a Princess race anyway?!!

After a long-ish trainer ride this morning, we are catching up on errands and cleaning the house today, with plans for a short swim later this afternoon.  Yep, Ironman training is definitely in full swing!  One of my goals this year is to get in as many of the "optional" workouts as I can.  I skipped a lot of them last year, and I think more consistency in the pool and on the bike will help with my endurance this year.  I figure if I can get in 75-80% of these optional work outs, I should well ahead of last year.

A review of IronWeek One to come tomorrow.  In the meantime, hope you are all enjoying a relaxing weekend!

Happy Training!

- HER

Comments