Excuses = 1; IronJen 2.0 = 0

One of my main goals for this month is to hit ALL of my work outs, including most of the optional ones.  But three days into the March training cycle and I'm already down one.  Really disappointed in myself for not getting up and getting my run in this morning.  I'm very motivated right now, as training and weight loss is going REALLY well, but one thing I have trouble beating is the feeling of exhaustion.  So when the alarm went off at 5am, my sleepy head excuses were (1) that it was so crazy windy out it probably wasn't safe (?!?!) and (2) I needed to let my IT band rest a bit more.  Now, the second excuse may actually be somewhat valid. 

I stressed my right IT band during the half marathon.  There.  I said it.  I've been acting as if I didn't talk about it and just kind of ignored it, it would go away.  And last week, as I was walking all over the Disney parks it actually didn't bother me.  But now that I'm back to my desk job and sitting all day?  It's tightening up.  It really seized up when I tried running on the treadmill at class last night, so I was immediately told by my coach and even more sternly by my hubby that I needed to stop.  Stretching and icing have now become priority #1.  I need to do whatever I can to prevent this from becoming a chronic issue.  I can't get injured now...not when things are going so well!

I need to start walking laps of the floor to prevent the leg from tightening up.  Would stretching in my cube be awkward?  Anyone have ideas for how to deal with treating injuries while at work?  Happy Wednesday all!

- HER


Comments