Having a cross fit

The Triathlife doesn't know the meaning of "off-season." Triathlon is always in season. There is no off position on the Triathlife switch.

And right now the Triathlife is switched on to cross-fit.

I'm finding cross-fit to be a pretty good compliment to my winter time training because; 1) it's indoors, and B) I like it when the other gym patrons look at me all, "WTH?"

However, I do find it odd when we commit a stop watch to an interval or session.

I mean, I know what constitutes a good clock time -- be it a 10k run or a 100 meter swim split. But if I told you that I did a modified "Murph" (Run one mile and then do 20 sets of 5 burpees 10 pushups, 15 squats, and then run another mile) in just over 40 minutes....is that good?

Kinda like Little Jerry's sprint time -- I dunno.




Comments