Attention triathletes and swimmers - Goggle recommendations needed

After 7 seasons of training and racing exclusively with Aquasphere goggles (Kaiman/Keyenne), I decided to take a pair of Zoggs for a spin this morning. Try as I may, try as I might, those Zoggs filled with water no matter how loose or how tight (beat poet slam!).

I cheated on my Aquaspheres and I paid for my aquatic transgression. I do love my Aquasphere eye-wear but I find that I can get about a 1/3 to a 1/2 of a season out of the goggles before I start losing the seal. I mostly chalk that up to chlorine damage (and yes I rinse the goggles after every use and store in a hard case). And because of that, I always keep a new or near pair around just for racing.

DING - hear that bell kids? Time for a Triathlife racing tip!

Schmitty says: Keep a new or near new pair of goggles for races and racing only. Fresh gear eliminates worry and it's a small mental thing that goes a long way - "Boy howdy I got my race goggles on and therefore I'm race ready! Thanks Triathlife!" Your welcome citizen triathlete (wink!)

Anyways, it's wicked early in the season and time to try out new stuff. So I'm looking for recommendations. My number one issue - size (keep it clean you cheeky monkeys). While the wee-man is grateful that his cranium is proportionally correct, I do require goggles that come in a small fit or that were made for small faces. Which is one of the reasons that I went with Aquasphere in the first place...they gots the goggles for small faces (wee men and women rejoice!).

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Winners will be drawn at random. No purchase necessary. Contest is open to legal residents of their respective countries where not prohibited by law.

Comments