Such a delicate balance

On Friday I was all ready to get on here and write about what a great week I was having. Some women say they suddenly feel so much better at 5 weeks, or 6 weeks, or 8 weeks. For me, it was 9 weeks. I felt a marked difference in my energy levels and physical therapy has been doing wonders for my tightness and continued nerve pain. I went into work at 7:15am on Thursday and stayed until 3:45pm....and felt pretty good the whole time! I was so happy to finally be feeling a little bit more like me.

And then yesterday morning I pushed it a little bit too hard on my morning walk/run at the gym. I managed a full hour of four-minute run/one-minute walk, with 10 minutes of straight running in the middle. And then without any downtime in-between I got ready and went downtown to a one-year-old's birthday party (Happy Birthday Zoe!!!). We were only there for a little more than three hours, but I couldn't hang. I couldn't hang with the one year olds!!! We got home, ate dinner and I fell asleep on the couch by about 7:30pm. Today I'm not feeling well at all. Super tired, pretty tight and uncomfortable with the nerve pain on my sides getting a little worse again. You know what they say - one step forward, two steps back. Oh so true.

But all in all things are looking up. Here's what I was able to accomplish with my workouts this week:

-- Monday: 54" trainer ride
-- Tuesday: 45" trainer ride
-- Wednesday: Physical therapy
-- Thursday: Rest day!
-- Friday: 41" run/walk + 15" core work
-- Saturday: 1 hour run/walk
-- Sunday: 1 hour trainer ride

Not bad for someone just nine weeks from a major surgery! As I've mentioned before, my February goal was to be able to run 3 miles non-stop before the end of the month. I'll try that on Thursday morning. Even if I can't do that quite yet, I'm very proud of what I've accomplished so far!

This week I am going to be VERY careful to maintain a balance and not overdo anything (easier said than done). I need to build in rest time to my days and that's just going to be the way it is for the next few months. And I am okay with it!

Hope you all have a great week!

-- HER

Comments