I guess this is a good sign...

Hello and welcome to March Madness week! We spent our weekend watching the Big Ten Tournament and cheering on (very gently) my beloved Spartans. I was brought to tears watching them win the tourney....they've had such a rough season with injuries and illness. Go Green!

Photo: Reuters
Yesterday we spent the morning at my doctor's office for my post-opp appointment. He is very happy with how things are healing and I think it's an understatement to say he's happy with his work. :) There are definitely some places I need more fat grafting, but we decided to let things settle for a while and then figure out what I still feel is necessary. Given that we're coming up on the summer, I'd like to forgo any more cutting me open until after tri season is over, plus we have a couple of family weddings coming up. I have another appointment with him in a couple of weeks, but we will likely revisit next steps sometime in the fall. So this means I am basically done (for now)!

Best news of the day....no more Spanx! As far as other restrictions, I am stuck sleeping on my back for another week (ugh) and no heavy lifting for three more weeks (sorry Lance!). Same for running and swimming...not for another three weeks. I can return to my indoor bike trainer when I feel up to it.

I am so much better than I was a week ago, but still have quite a bit of soreness in my mid-section from the fat grafting. And I am still exhausted and fuzzy-brained. Hopefully this will improve as I can get out and walking more this week. I return to work next Monday and am looking forward to it! I am so desperate to get back into a real schedule.

Despite the fact that I am definitely not up to running or swimming yet anyway, I find myself starting to get REALLY antsy to return to training!! I have spent some time finalizing my races for the rest of this year and getting some advice from my coach about how we'll build my fitness back from basically zero. I am so motivated and can't wait to get started! I take this all as a really good sign that the light at the end of the tunnel is VERY close. April 1st it is ON!!

Have a great Tuesday!

-- HER

Comments