Making some changes

The fact that you haven't heard from me in a while is a good thing. It means that I am starting to feel better and getting back to "normal" life stuff. I'm back to working full time (and then some) and am almost back to a full training schedule as well. I have returned to the pool for the first time in six months (whoa!) and it has been tough, but I am so happy to be back at it. As far as surgery recovery, I am about 90% pain free and feeling super comfortable with my new body. The digestive issues and rash/hives are still coming and going but I still have some work to do to fully detox my system. I am confident that will help me get back to 100% health.

So, speaking of a system "detox," it's time for me to make some changes. I have really enjoyed being lazy and eating/drinking whatever I want for the last four months. But I like sugar a little bit too much and as a result the pounds are packing on and I really do feel like the sugar is a big contributor to some of my ongoing health issues too (especially the skin rashes). Starting May 3 I am making some big changes to my diet and lifestyle as part of the Whole Life Challenge (WLC).


Here's what I LOVE about the WLC:

- It's set up like a game and who doesn't love a little healthy competition?!! You earn points every day for staying compliant with nutrition, for exercising, taking supplements and for mobility (such as stretching). You log point and comments every day....right up my alley!
- You get to choose your nutrition level, from advanced to beginner. I'll be doing the beginner level which allows me to maintain some good-for-me grains like quinoa and brown rice. It also allows me a glass of wine every now and then (officially every night, but I think that's extreme so will probably try to stick with 1-2x/week). And it also allows for some fermented dairy, like yogurt....I am trying to go dairy free, but nice to have Greek yogurt as a back-up plan with all the travel I have coming up.
- You get "credit" for working out and active recovery days! I already have a good handle on the workouts, but it will be nice to have extra motivation to do some active recovery (like walking the pup!) on my rest days.
- You join a team (or two) and have the support of a community. I've done a few elimination diets before but always on my own. It will be SO nice to have lots of other people going through the sugar withdrawals at the same time!

Now that I've shared how awesome this experience is going to be, is anyone else interested in joining me?  If so, follow this link for a $10 discount: <www.wholelifechallenge.com>. But sign up soon because the discount ends this Friday (4/25) night! (p.s. If you are going to join, let me know and I'll tell you which team to join!)

-- HER

Comments