M-i-c...k-e-y

Hey howdy hey - its been a while since since we've talked. Allow me to to bring you up to speed. I quit my job, got a new one, we went on vacation, I spent a week in Minneapolis, raced and now I'm back blogging on the computer. First up - vacation. It was sooo good to go and get out of the mild midwest spring at the end of May to get a jump on the summer heat. If you hadn't guessed by our avatar Jen and I love Disney. So much so that we belong to the Disney Vacation Club. Now, I wouldn't segment us as fanatics but we certainly do enjoy the time that we spend with the Mouse. And after each visit we begin thinking about and planning the next one. The highlight for me on this last trip was the new attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios - Toy Story Midway Mania. Its a 4-D ride/gaming experience. Going through the queue you begin to realize that you've shrunk down to the size of a toy in Andy's room (see Toy Story the movie) and the other toys are hosting a carnival. A special car (that seats two) moves you from game booth to game booth. There all kinds of other cool features like the 3-D glasses, air and water that shoots out when you target certain objects...a ton of fun and totally experiential. The morning we played we were there early enough to get off and on quickly and play three times. I was so surprised at how much fun I had the first time I clapped when the ride finished. Good show. Wildly fun.

It was a good trip but as with most vacations too short. One thing that I found myself getting really irritated with - entire families on cell phones (and just the amount of people on cell phones altogether - isn't vacation about being with the person or people you're with?). And when did it become ok to bring the cell phone into the bathroom - doing your business on the phone and ya know - your business personally. WTH? I don't know if its a problem with the ladies but dudes do it more than you want to know - out and about and at work. Makes you not want to borrow anyone's phone cause you just don't know where that phone has been.

Oh and since this is The Triathlife - training doesn't stop when you're on vacation. We found time to run and swim and lift weights. Bonus is that it makes it that much easier to get and deserve that "I'm on vacation dessert."

Some pics from the attraction - and check out this pic of Jen and I - look closely.





Comments