Another Triathlon Milestone

Yesterday I celebrated a birthday.  And while I still have another year to go before the "Big 4-0,"  as far as USAT is concerned, yesterday was my 40th Birthday.  Since USAT follows the "age-up" rule for USAT-sanctioned races, your race age is whatever your age will be as of December 31st of that year.  So with my late November birthday, I actually race every triathlon season with an age on my calf that shows me a year older than I actually am (and this is why I am always confused as to how old I actually am...seriously, it's embarrassing when I have to write down my age somewhere and actually have to stop and think!). 

So I am officially joining the women of the 40-44 year old age group (hi ladies!) and will race my Ironman as a 40 year old.  I can't think of any better celebration of my health & happiness at the age of 40, than racing an Ironman.  And the great thing about triathlons is that you tend to get better, stronger, faster as you get older and more experienced.  I am excited to join my new age group and can't wait to see what kind of P.R.'s I can set during the next five years.  I'm pretty sure it will be the best five years yet!

In other news, only five more days of the winter break left.  I'm easing back into an early wake-up call by getting up slightly early for work, but 4:30am is going to come way too early next Monday.  I am, however, starting to get antsy and ready to get this show on the road!

Happy training!

- Her

Comments

Nicole said…
I didn't know that. When I did naperville for the first time, they put me in the 30 y/o group and I was 29. I was very offended.