The Good. The Bad. The Ugly.

The Triathlife. A week via the rear view mirror.

The Good
Him: This graph. If you look real close there's some yellow sandwiched in there between the green and purple. That cute little slice of yellow (look close - its there) represents my first amount of running in over 7 weeks. And look at the growing amount of green - that's cycling. Oh how I missed my bike. I love my bike. I like to bike!!!!











Her:  Lots of good this week!  I made it through a full week of my nutrition cleanse/detox and I'm starting to feel great.  I'm no longer craving caffeine or sugar and my energy levels are coming back up.  I also had a great session with my personal trainer that didn't leave me curled up in the fetal position in the corner.  This week is the first week that I felt like I might actually make it through this Ironman training after all.

The Bad
Him: Foam rolling. Slow. Painful. Tedious. But my road back from injury and continure well being depends on it. The doc wants me to religiously make it part of my workout recovery plan. Damn I wish I was 20 again when "recovery" meant a cold beer and Taco Bell. 

Her: Once I again I missed two days of working out in a row, and I didn't get one swim workout in all week.  That's not a good sign for someone who is terrified of swimming 2.4 miles in Lake Monona on September 11.  I must find my inner fishy and just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

The Ugly
Him: How should I begin...Butt ugly? Ass ugly? If you read my previous post you saw that a certain part of my person made an appearance of sorts (not in my home or the gym locker room). If there is anything positive to pull from this episode is that I'm a wee man so at least there less ugly than more. 

Her:  How do I follow that? ^^^^^^  I think that's enough ugly for both of us. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think Jen should go first next week...
- Nathan
J2 said…
Done. Jen will go first next week;)