From Ironman to....


Somebody get me a can of WD-40 because I am RUST-EE!  As promised, I set my alarm for 6am this morning and was at the pool swimming by 7:15am.  The first few laps were not so bad and then....exhaustion.  I was ready to get out after the warm up (900 yards)!  I also felt completely uncoordinated, like I haven't swam in years.  BUT, I got it done.  A whole 1700 yards.  A month ago it wasn't even worth going to the pool for less than 3000 METERS!  I always find it mind boggling how fitness can take months to build, but a mere weeks to lose.  Time to get back to work.

After the swim we went for a family doggie walk which helped loosen up my legs for a good stretching session.  We'll see how I feel tomorrow.  In the meantime I think I need a nap like my IronDog:


The plan for this upcoming off-season "transition" week is an easy trainer ride on Tuesday and another swim on Friday.  I might try a short run next weekend.  Or not.

Have a good week!

- Her

Comments