And here we go again....

I can't believe it's Monday and I'm already back here.....


....again.  It's especially hard since I haven't worked a full five-day week in about a month!  Phew....it's going to be an extra long week.  As much as I dislike them, I think Monday mornings are the key to a really good week.  And while most training plans call for rest days on Mondays, I really like it when our coach gives us a workout because there's nothing better than starting your week with a swim, bike or run!

This morning the alarm went off at 4:30am so we could hit the pool before work.  We had a 2300 yard swim on tap and fortunately the pool was not too crowded (OR cold!).  It was a power workout with LOTS of sprinting.  Since I spent so much time with long endurance sets during Ironman training, I really enjoyed pushing myself this morning.  What I did NOT enjoy is the pain in my pectoral muscle, apparently strained after an insane strength session on Friday. OUCH.


After a walk from home to the train and from the train to work (about a mile), I was starving and ready to start the week with a healthy breakfast.  Some leftover baked oatmeal ,with chia seeds for good measure, and a Starbucks mocha lite frap and I was ready to start my Monday!

It's been a good day so far, which can only mean good things for the week that's ahead.  Hope it's a good one for you all too!  Stay healthy and train hard....


- HER

Comments

J2 said…
The multiple colored pen collection...a mainstay of Jen's office arsenal since 1994.