Reality Bites

Hey Howdy Hey! 
Havin' some fun while in line to meet Buzz and Woody!
Just back from eight fantastic days at the most magical place on earth and our favorite place to vacation....Walt Disney World.  More to come on that soon (including a race report from the Disney Princess Half Marathon!), but first let's talk about the return to reality which came in the form of an alarm clock (well, actually two) going off at 4:30 this morning.

I was very ready to ignore it and go back to sleep. Thankfully my Iron(to be)Husband dragged my lazy vacation butt out of bed and to the gym.  Really, all credit goes to him for getting my swim in this morning.  And glad I did, otherwise it would have been a bad start to trying to hit all my workouts this month!

It was my first time back in the pool after two weeks of trying to clear up this ear infection and I expected it to be awful.  But you know what?  It wasn't!  I felt smooth and surprisingly not all that slow.  I have really missed swimming and am glad to be back at it. 2200 yards....CHECK!

So other than dealing with the re-entry to work (not fun at all), here's what's on tap for Team Schmitty's Ironman training this week:
Mon: swim
Tues: Well Fit group bike/run class
Wed: 50" run + strength
Thurs: 50" bike + Well Fit group swim
Fri: REST!
Sat: 1:15 long run
Sun: 2 hr long ride/brick + swim

What's on your schedule this week?  Anyone racing?  Hope everyone has a great week!

- HER

Comments