- I can't believe its over. I'm kinda sad but my biggest feeling isn't pride....it's incredible relief.
- I can finally answer answer "yes" when people ask if I've ever finished an Ironman (because its the Kleenex of triathlon races...its the one race everyone has heard of).
- For the first time in 10 months I'm not wringing my hands over equipment needs, mechanical fixes to machine and or body, nutritional preparation and purchases.
- I don't have a 4+ hour bike workout to attend to on Saturday morning and I don't have to set a 4:30 am alarm for my 5:00am swim.
- I am 40 years old, I completed my FIRST Ironman, I am in probably the best shape of my life and I don't want to lose this feeling.
- I am eating everything within reach (literally, I relocated my home office to my pantry) due to my post Ironman humming bird on crack metabolism. I am still down 5 lbs from my pre ironman race weigh in.
- I am nesting like Martha Stewart...I have a home to do list that I can't wait to finally tackle.
- I am already planning next season and looking forward to my second Ironman in 2014.