One step forward, two steps back....

TGIF friends!! I hope everyone has fun (and relaxing) plans for the weekend! We have NOTHING on the agenda, except for the typical errands and family time. And for that I am grateful.

I'm just finishing up my first week back to work (again). I am so grateful that I can do my job from home because I definitely wasn't feeling up to leaving the house this week. I've been dealing with some side effects from the surgeries that have really hampered my recovery and honestly have left me pretty frustrated and depressed. Don't worry, it's nothing serious (we don't think at this point), but stuff that has an effect on quality of life.

One of the most bothersome symptoms is terrible stomach issues that my doctor says is a sure result of way too many antibiotics (followed up by way too much ibuprofen). I am now kicking myself for not asking more questions before I was put on two rounds of antibiotics as prevention when I had the drains and then more antibiotics in my IV during this last surgery. I think it is going to take weeks (months?) to heal the damage that has been done. The other troubling symptom is an itchy rash on my hands and feet that only comes out in the evening/at night. It's the craziest thing ever! Luckily Zyrtec takes away the itch enough that I can sleep, but without it the itching is unbearable. But by 8 o'clock in the morning....GONE....as if it never happened. The doctors can't figure out if it's related to medications I was on, my hormonal issues because of surgical menopause or my body just being in an over-reactive state. I am waiting on bloodwork to make sure there is not another issue, but thinking positively that it's just a result of my system being out of whack.

The best thing I can do right now is smile, think positive and start getting back to my normal routine. I plan to return to the office next week and am going to start training with my coach too! She has been great about helping me with a plan that will slowly get me back to fitness. My "brick" workouts now consist of a 30 minute easy spin with a 15 minute walk. Oh, how times have changed. But I have a goal and I'm ready to get back to it.

I'm also planning a major diet cleanse to detox my system and have signed up for the Whole Life Challenge beginning May 3rd. More on that later, but if anyone is interested in joining me for the WLC, please let me know! Spring is a great time to focus on your health and get into prime shape for summer!

Have a lovely weekend!


-- HER


Comments