Finding motivation

I *think* spring has finally sprung and we've been taking full advantage of the warmer weather with lots of family walks! We even made it to the dog park last weekend and Lance could not stop thanking us by way of kisses.


I am now five weeks post reconstruction surgery and am feeling better every day. Finally. The digestive issues are being well controlled with a short dose of Prevacid while my stomach heals (and then I will get off of it ASAP) and the rashes/hives continue to come and go, but I am trying to deal with that with natural remedies. Speaking of....

I had my first ever acupuncture appointment yesterday and it was....pokey. I was fortunate to receive a referral to this acupuncture place from a co-worker or otherwise, quite honestly, I would have been more than a little skeptical. He spent at least 45 minutes going through all of my symptoms and health history with me....way more time than any of my doctors ever spend with me! Based on my symptoms, he has all kinds of theories about what's going on with my body (kidney yin deficiency? excess heat?). After we talked for a while, he started the process of sticking in the needles to re-set the energy in my body. Each needle poke felt like a small bee sting, but once the needles were in I couldn't feel anything. I'd estimate I had about 15 needles, everywhere from my feet to my ears, head and forehead (okay, that was definitely a little creepy). I had to lay perfectly still for about 25 minutes (the most challenging part!) and then he finished up with some massage (the best part!). Jury is out on if it helps or not, but I am going back in two weeks for another session. I figure it certainly can't hurt and it just might help! I'll keep you posted. :)

In other news, I've been struggling a bit to find the motivation to get back to training full time. Luckily, there is a big group of budding triathletes at work that have signed up for the Pleasant Prairie Triathlon on June 22. So I'm going to join them! Nothing like the thought of your co-workers seeing you in spandex to give you that swift kick to get in shape and drop some weight!

I'll leave you with the most inspiring and motivating story of the week. I think everyone has heard the story of little Lacey Holsworth and the MSU basketball team. You probably also heard that Princess Lacey passed away this past week, after just eight short years on this earth. Boy did she ever live her life to the fullest and never stopped smiling, despite all the challenges she faced! If this little lady doesn't inspire and motivate you to get out there and really LIVE, then I don't know what will. If you are in need of a little inspiration and motivation, take some time to watch THIS (but you might want to get your tissues ready). Well said Coach Izzo. #LoveLikeLacey

Have a wonderful weekend!

-- HER

Comments