Since it's been a while since I've posted (again), I thought the best way to get back to it is to quickly catch you up with a bunch of random stuff that's been going on with The Triathlife. Sounds fun on this fabulous Friday, right?
1. I left you hanging on an achilles injury I was dealing with in early May. After a couple weeks of ART (it's magic!) and wearing KT Tape (even to my niece's First Communion), I am good as new! I'm staying on top of my stretching and looking for any signs of trouble.
2. I'm tired. IM training seems to be taking a toll earlier this year. Is it because I am the big 4-0 now?
3. I got really sick after our trip back to Michigan for First Communion/Mother's Day. What started as a simple cold, was complicated by allergies and then my asthma kicked in big time. I'm now taking puffs of Advair on a daily basis to try to get it under control. It's a steroid inhaler. Does that make me a doper?
4. My Iron puppy (Lance) turned 3 on Tuesday. Since he's three he's really no longer a puppy, but he still has the energy of one! Poor little guy is a trooper with all the Ironman training going on around here. He's getting used to nights alone and looooong naps while we go off and ride for hours on the weekend.
5. I'm tired. 7 hours of sleep just doesn't cut it for me. But for the life of me I can NOT figure out how to sneak in another hour or two. Unless I start sleeping under my desk at work (Seinfeld, anyone?).
6. Two of my early on Ironman cravings this year are caesar dressing and Twizzlers. Slightly better than last year's craving of hot fudge sundaes.
7. Took my new bike out on a long ride for the first time last weekend. It was AWESOME. So comfortable and handled really well in the wind. Loving it. Pics to come soon, I promise (maybe once she puts her race wheels on!).
8. Our coach has us doing lots of swimming with t-shirts on for extra drag. It's supposed to make us stronger. I don't enjoy it.
9. This weekend has 2:05 of running on tap for Saturday (in the form of a "split run"=1:10 in the early morning and 55 minutes later in the afternoon) and 4:30 riding+25 min run on Sunday. It will only get longer from here.
10. I'm tired. That's all.
Have a good weekend!